Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The bad and the good

Bad: Steve Jobs announces he's taking a health-related leave of absence.
Good: All my Apple and ex-Apple friends are worrying about him together.

Bad: My biggest and best client gets acquired by a foreign company and the executive I report to gets laid off.
Good: I have more time to work on book-writing projects for my publisher, which I've discovered I like to do.

Bad: I have less reliable income.
Good: My partner suddenly has lots of work coming in.

Bad: My volunteer work seems to be full of urgent stuff and people with communications issues.
Good: I'm finally learning to prioritize and to deal with difficult people.

Bad: It's rainy and gray and soggy and cold.
Good: I have waterproof gardening boots and gardening gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment