Thursday, April 10, 2008

Detour for sushi

The schedule for today was long, varied, and busy:
  • Do yoga at home
  • Make a business call on behalf of my mom
  • Finish an article and email it to client
  • Pack car with clothes for evening activities
  • Belltown to conduct an interview for an article
  • Back to Ballard for massage treatment for my hip
  • Over to West Seattle for a search engine optimization seminar
  • Over to Lake City for contra dancing
Unfortunately, a derailment took place at 8:30 p.m. when the seminar in West Seattle (a very good one) ended and I realized I needed to eat. One of the other seminar attendees was a well-known Seattle food blogger.

"Ever been to Mashiko?" I asked him.

"No," he said. "Let's go!"

On my previous visit to Mashiko, I'd simply eaten what the sushi chef recommended. We did this again, and were not disappointed. One dish, with cucumbers, mint leaf, and tiny fillets of fish with bright silver skin, was particularly exciting. And I had a little bit of the cedar-aged saki. Another amazing meal.

If my friend ends up writing a review of the dishes, I'll post a link here.

1 comment:

  1. Well-known food bloggers should certainly know Mashiko. And the omakase is the best way to do it. So good on you for passing on the meme.

    Glad I stumbled on your blog, while on a rather sadder errand.

    ReplyDelete