Saturday, April 21, 2007

Put your foot in it


Curiousity got the better of me and I bought a pair of Crocs. Specifically, the Cayman model.

Uglier shoes have probably never existed.

Or more comfortable ones. None of the descriptions I read mentioned what I considered to be the truly unusual, and wonderful, feature of Crocs: they're virtually weightless.

They are like wearing styrofoam orthotics. Mine are wide enough and loose enough that I was sure they'd fall off my feet but instead, they sort of adhere to them. It's almost an electrostatic attraction. So, while I look like I should be clomping around, I'm walking quite naturally. And, according to the manufacturer, this is the perfect fit.

And you don't have to buy them in the popular poison green, hello-kitty pink, or road-sign orange. Mine, of course, are black.

No comments:

Post a Comment