Friday, April 09, 2004

The Friday Five

1. What do you do for a living?
I write about music, write marketing copy for a membership website, manage an egreetings website, plus edit and produce an online newsletter. In other words, I spend 50-plus hours a week sitting in front of a computer in my home office, plus fly down to California once a week for meetings at the company headquarters.

2. What do you like most about your job?
I discover new music, work with bright, talented, task-oriented people, and have a good deal of autonomy when it comes to structuring my work, solving problems, and making changes.

3. What do you like least about your job?
Long hours, especially evening work.

4. When you have a bad day at work it's usually because _____...
I'm called in at the last minute to help out on someone else's project.

5. What other career(s) are you interested in?
Reviewing (arts, music, books, culture, technology); feature writing. Pretty much anything that involves fulltime writing for a reputable publication or website that takes writing seriously and has professional assignment editors and copy editors.

No comments:

Post a Comment